Edible Antics culinary tour of Wisconsin continues in Chippewa and Clark Counties.
About 62,000 people live in Chippewa County’s 1,010 square miles of territory. The County seat is Chippewa Falls and the county includes the cities of Bloomer, Cornell and Cadott. Chippewa Falls is home to the Leinie’s Lodge by the Jacob Leinenkugle Brewing Company, makers of “Leinie’s” family of beers. The county is bisected by the beautiful Chippewa River. It is home to the Old Abe State Trail, Lake Wissota State Park, Burnet Island State Park and a portion of the Holcombe Flowage.
Edible Antics Chippewa County recommendations include:
- Wissota Meat Market in Chippewa Falls is a full serve meat market
- Crescent Meats in Cadott offers a broad selection of meats and meat processing
- Cadott Bakery offers breads, cookies, cakes and more
- River Bend Vineyard and Winery in Chippewa Falls offers a great selection of wine
- High Shores Supper Club on Lake Wissota has good food and scenic views
- Bloomer Brewing brews craft beers in a historic building
- Yellowstone Cheese Company just outside of Cadott has fresh curds
Clark County covers 1,215 square miles with Neillsville as the County seat. Population is about 35,000. Other cities in the county are Thorp, Greenwood, Abbotsford and Colby.
WisconsinMade artisan partner in Clark County is Marieke Gouda cheese from Holland Family Cheese in Thorp, makers of award winning Gouda cheeses.
Edible Antics Clark County recommendations include:
Stay tuned next time for edibles in Dane and Dodge counties.