Our Wisconsin county culinary tour this week moves to Florence and Fond du Lac Counties.
Florence is in the northeast portion of Wisconsin. With 4,400 people spread over 488 square miles it is one of the sparsest populated counties in Wisconsin. The county seat is the city of Florence. Located along the Wisconsin Michigan boarder this county is mostly forested wilderness with many rivers and lakes for recreational activities.
Edible Antics Florence County recommends:
Maxsells Supper Club is on the National Historic Register and features casual fine dining on Florence’s Fisher Lake. It was originally an 1899 Prairie School home built by lumberman Mr. David Fulmer in 1904.
Wisconsin Wild Rivers is a new 100 mile loop that features 15 access points to enjoy the Pine and Popple Wild Rivers in Florence County, Wisconsin. The public owned lands along these rivers are managed to show as little human intervention as possible
Fond du Lac County
The city of Fond du Lac is the county seat of Fond du Lac County. 101,600 people live here and the county covers 722 square miles. Fond du Lac is French for bottom of the lake, and the city is located on the southern shores of Lake Winnebago. Other cities in the county include Ripon and a portion of Waupun. Villages include:
- Mount Calvary
- North Fond du Lac
- St. Cloud
WisconsinMade artisan partners in Fond du Lac County include:
- Firl Industries features high quality log carriers that provide a clean and easy way to carry wood for the fireplace or wood burner,
- Kreative Kraftwerks specializes in handcrafted soy candles, soaps and lotions.
- Chrome Domz creates some of the most unique metal embossed wall art including officially licensed University of Wisconsin wall hangings,
In addition to our artisan partners Edible Antics Fond du Lac county recommendations for you:
- Brandon Meats and Sausage in Brandon offers award winning bacon, sausages and fresh meats.
- Blanck’s Supper Club in Malone.
- Daisy a Day Video from the Fond du Lac newspaper tells the heartwarming story of a couple from Fond du Lac and the support received from strangers.
- Russell Moccasin Company in Berlin has dedicated itself to providing hunters and outdoors men and women with the finest handmade, custom fitted moccasin style boots and shoes available anywhere . . . at any price.
- Schreiner’s Restaurant is a popular local stop with all day breakfast service.
- Jim and Linda’s Lakeview Supper Club has fine food and beautiful views west out over Lake Winnebago.
We hope you have time to enjoy these delightful Wisconsin treasures. They all feature folks that focused to provide you experiences that are made with pride and passion in Wisconsin.
Join us next week for our culinary tour of Forest and Grant Counties.