Edible Antics has been on tour for over 9 months searching Wisconsin highways and byways for people places and adventures that are examples of our moto “Made With Pride and Passion in Wisconsin”. Supper Clubs, bakeries, butcher shops, brew pubs, wineries, Bed and Breakfasts, parks and attractions, bike, hike and snowmobile trails and anything fun, beautiful, delicious or special. Just so you can enjoy all the beauty that is Wisconsin. Our archives can help you find our recommendations in all 72 counties.
Over the next few weeks we will be featuring “Top Ten” listings from our 72 Wisconsin county research efforts. These will be the best of the best. Multiple examples of Wisconsin artisans that weekly put forth their best efforts that are Made with Pride and Passion in Wisconsin. This week we sort down our research to a specific category. Wisconsin Waterfront Dining. It can either be outdoors on a patio or deck overlooking a lovely Wisconsin lake or stream, or indoors with views of our state’s liquid assets. We have about a seven month window for outdoor dining, but the Wisconsin beauty is visible from indoors all year round. We are looking for quality food, outstanding service and an atmosphere worthy of a drive to each destination.
There are many qualifying entries located on Lake Michigan, the Wisconsin River, the Mississippi River, the Fox River, The Wolf River and others. It was difficult to narrow it down to just 10, but here goes:
Wisconsin’s Top 10 Waterfront Restaurants
- 10. Pier 290 – Williams Bay on Lake Geneva offers local farm to table dining in a warm casual atmosphere overlooking the lake.
- 9. The Buckhorn Supper Club – just outside of Milton on Lake Koshkonong has been serving families for over 85 years.
- 8. Paisan’s – overlooking Lake Monona in Madison features their pizza and Italian influenced dishes both inside their glass windows or on their large patio overlooking the lake
- 7. Harbor House – on the Milwaukee Lake Michigan waterfront with the city skyline in one direction and the lake and Milwaukee Art Museum in the other.
- 6. The Waterfront – in LaCrosse has patio dining along the riverfront in addition to their good food. Interior views of the riverfront are also beautiful in all seasons.
- 5. Fratello’s Riverfront Restaurant – Appleton on the Fox River overlooking a dam and rapids. Large glass walls and an open room allow both light and beauty to be enjoyed by all.
- 4. Norton’s of Green Lake – is a popular supper club with locals and visitors alike. Great food and great views out over Green Lake.
- 3. Lake Park Bistro – in Milwaukee Lake Park offers fine dining in a park settling overlooking Lake Michigan and is part of the Bartolotta family of dining locations.
- 2. Donny’s Glidden Lodge – on Glidden Drive outside of Sturgeon Bay is a Door County favorite for locals and visitors alike.
Voted one of the most romantic, best steaks, best view – it looks out over Whitefish Bay on Lake Michigan. Only feet from the lake with fan favorite menu items, open year round, great fireplace in the bar in winter – just what you are looking for.
- 1. Ishnala Supper Club – This special place is on everybody’s “best of” list because it deserves it. Overlooking Mirror Lake near the Dells this classic is only open in the warm months; it closes for the season October 30. If you have not been there make sure you get there soon.
So there you have them. Edible Antics top 10 Wisconsin waterfront dining spots. Did we miss your favorite? Make sure we know about it so it gets considered for the next time.
There is still plenty of time to enjoy these special Wisconsin waterfront dining spots. Fall colors, crisp air, no bugs, beautiful sunsets and great food.