Here in Wisconsin winter is usually a bit longer than some of us would prefer. But this year in mid-December the temps are in the 40’s. There is no snow on the ground. Walks outdoors around the neighborhood are pleasant. And each pleasant day like this gets us one day closer to March.
Christmas decorations are up everywhere. Holiday sales are in full swing. All of Santa’s helpers and elves at WisconsinMade are busy working on filling all of Santa’s wishes.
Cheeses and cookies are some of Santa’s favorites. Wisconsin is proud of its long tradition of producing the finest cheeses in America. Choose from a wide selection of cheese gift boxes all set for shipping for Christmas.
And cookies too!
Do you make your own?
Do you make Snickerdoodles? Snickerdoodles are best made with the help of a 5- or 6-year old assistant.
Here is the Betty Crocker version of the recipe for Snickerdoodle cookies.
Betty Crocker’s Snickerdoodle Cookies
- 1 1/2 c. sugar
- 1/2 c. butter or margarine, softened
- 1/2 c. shortening
- 2 eggs
- 2 3/4 c. Gold Medal all-purpose or unbleached flour
- 2 tsp cream of tartar
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 c. sugar
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon
- Heat oven to 400ºF.
- Mix 1 1/2 cups sugar, the butter, shortening and eggs in large bowl. Stir in flour, cream of tartar, baking soda and salt.
- Shape dough into 1 1/4-inch balls. Mix 1/4 cup sugar and the cinnamon. Roll balls in cinnamon-sugar mixture. Place 2 inches apart on ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake 8 to 10 minutes or until set. Remove from cookie sheet to wire rack.
Do you make cut out decorated Christmas sugar cookies? Someone once said that decorating sugar cookies is fun – up until the third cookie. WisconsinMade has a nice selection of handmade decorated Christmas Sugar Cookies for you. No hassle, no cleanup.
And a nice hickory smoked ham for Christmas dinner.
Over 2,000 gift ideas conveniently available 24 hours a day shipped directly to Santa’s designated delivery location. Santa knows that all of this quality WisconsinMade Christmas cheer is made with pride and passion in Wisconsin.